The Buzz on the 2011 sofi Awards and KosherEye
The sofi Awards from the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade (NASFT) are the highest honor in the specialty food industry. They recognize the outstanding culinary achievement, foods and beverages of the year that demonstrate top quality, taste and overall appeal. A record 1,657 entries were submitted across 31 awards categories this year.
Congratulations to these KosherEye featured companies which have been named sofi award silver finalists.
• Savannah Bee Company: Tupelo honey flute (A Honey of a New Year!)
• Paper Chef: Parchment cooking bags (Save Time, Save Money)
• Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, Inc: Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste (Nielsen-Massey Vanillas)
• The Run-a-Ton Group, Inc., Wholly Wholesome: Traditional 6-inch Pie Shells (Wholly Wholesome... Wholliciously Wonderful!)
Last Minute Mother’s Day Gift Suggestions
Kosher, Delicious, Delivered & Available for Mother's Day Gifting
• Enstrom, Buttery, Crunchy, Chocolatey Toffee. • A toast to mom: Hagafen Wine Club • Morning coffee or tea with a slice of My Grandma’s of New England's coffee cake • Pamper her with 100% natural body care products from Savannah Bee Company • Artisan Popcorn, handmade Chocolate Covered Pretzels or, our favorite, Bodacious Bites from Angelic Gourmet • Recipes at the touch of her iPhone or iPad Touch – Kosher Cookbook App • A helper in the kitchen with the Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor • Support Israel's largest charitable food rescue organization, Leket Israel, and toast mom - join the Leket Israel Wine Club.Add a comment
Flourless Almond Torte
KosherEye Friend Rachelle D. Ferneau, Pastry Chef/Owner, Eden Cake, is once again sharing her fabulous cake creations with KosherEye. Perfect for Passover, her Upside-Down Almond Torte recipe is totally flourless and divine!Add a comment
Passover Vegetable Matzo Lasagna
This fabulous recipe for Passover Vegetable Matzo Lasagna was requested by a KosherEye reader. She had seen it on Jewish Television Network's New Jewish Cuisine with Jeff Nathan & Friends. We contacted our KosherEye Friend, Alison Nathan and received the following response: "We're always happy to share!" Enjoy - this recipe is a winner!Add a comment
New Kosher Cooking Magazine
A wonderful new magazine, Bitayavon, was just introduced in February and features "MODERN AND TRADITIONAL RECIPES FOR THE KOSHER COOK".
There was a time when the kosher cook only dreamed of such publications, but now it is a reality. Bitayavon, is an exciting, high end kosher cooking magazine – created by kosher foodies who combined their knowledge and passion for cooking to create a magazine to which they would want to subscribe.
Published every two months, it will "introduce readers to new ingredients, new ways of cooking and present traditional recipes in an eye opening way." The feature articles include Eating in Season, Kitchen Disasters, People on the Street, Cooking Competitions, Family Dinners and much more. The goal of Bitayavon magazine is "to satisfy the ever growing palate of the kosher cook in a unique, revolutionary way."
Bitayavon magazine shared two fabulous recipes with KosherEye:
• Seared Tuna with Pineapple Salsa and Balsamic Reduction – perfect for Passover and year round.
• Basil Pea Risotto – an Italian classic that is perfect after Passover, when you want to have a delicious rice dish.
Bitayavon magazine is available in supermarkets and newsstands throughout the USA and Canada. To learn more about them, or to subscribe, please visit Bitayavon.com.Add a comment
Passover Tabletop Traditions
A wonderful way to permanently preserve the names of those dear friends and family who attended Passover and holiday celebrations. Cookbook author and cooking school owner, Tina Wasserman asks her guests to sign a special tablecloth with an indelible pen – she then embroiders the signatures. A perpetual heirloom in the making. We love her idea! Tina's creative project can be expanded to celebrations throughout the year, whenever writing is not a Halachic issue. Tina can be contacted on Facebook, Tina Wasserman Cooking and More.
Add a comment
Rogov’s Kosher Wine Guides 2011
The definitive guide to kosher wines is now available— Rogov's Guides to Israeli & World Kosher Wines 2011. Toby press has published Daniel Rogov’s guide to Israeli Wines and World Kosher Wines in a two-book set, Although extremely comprehensive, they are compact enough to take along when purchasing wines. We also suggest using them as a wine textbook to better understand the wine that you are drinking. A KosherEye selection to gift yourself, or gift others…especially at Passover.
Add a comment
Kosher by Design
Cookbook Series Recipe Index
Finally! An Index of ALL the recipes from the Kosher By Design Series. Now, you can look in only one place to find your favorite Kosher by Design cookbook series recipes.
The FREE index has a key identifying each recipe in each book in the series, including its page number. So click on the link, Kosher by Design, and get your FREE copy. How easy is that...and clever! Thank you Susie Fishbein!Add a comment
Snap-Crackle and Popcorn!
We have been making this yummy Caramel Coated Popcorn and Nuts recipe for years and "gifting" it to family and friends. A perfect treat to include in your Purim Baskets, Mishloach Manos. We think you will like this so much that it will become a year-round favorite!Add a comment