A Cookbook that does Good!
Maternal Instincts, 200 kosher recipes from our mothers and grandmothers by Judy Petel. Cookbook sales benefit Merkaz Rachel (מרכז רחל) – Rachel's Center – Children's learning program in Jerusalem. To order a cookbook or learn about the needs of the child development center, visit their website.
Homemade Herb–Infused Water, So Refreshing
We love to add fresh herbs to our water – the taste is refreshing, it looks beautiful and it is impressive. If you grow your own herbs, this is a must. We are sharing one of our favorites, Herb–Infused Spa Water. There are so many combinations. Share your favorite herb–infused water suggestions with us.
Enjoy this Chocolate Marshmallow Roll
Easy, NO Cook, Yummy and Luscious! Martine’s Chocolate Marshmallow Roll.
Luscious Kosher Desserts
KosherEye Friend Susie Fishbein, author of the Kosher by Design cookbook series, has created a trio of new, delectable, dessert recipes especially for Kolatin Real Kosher Gelatin. Wow your guests with Strawberry Mousse, a delightful parve or dairy dessert. Love chocolate as much as we do? Try the following chocolatey, yummy Chocolate & Vanilla Mousse Parfait or Chocolate-Banana Panna Cotta.
KosherEye Passover Links & Tips
Passover for Less Tips: (Consult with your Rabbi)
- Heinz wine vinegar, Heinz garlic wine vinegar certified OU-P (certification must appear)
- Coffee any plain, unflavored beans; grinder must be clean. Instant requires certification
- Any dishwashing soap
- Pure frozen concentrate orange juice- any
- Frozen fruit-acceptable if not sweetened or cooked, and contains no additives
- Raw Pecan halves or wholes are acceptable without Passover certification. Also, other raw nuts that are not blanched or roasted and free of bha/bht are also acceptable
- Kirkland and Trident salmon – OU (no special Passover certification necessary)
- Quinoa – be sure it is pure
- Soaps – any
- Styrofoam - any
- Real lemon in bottle – OU (no special Passover certification necessary)
- Tea bags – any unflavored
- Bigelow, many varieties
- White sugar – any without additives, Brown sugar must have Passover certification
- Make your own vanilla sugar
- Make your own noodles
- Make your own stawberry jam -- sugar, lemon, strawberries
- Baking soda -all kosher without certification
- Extra virgin olive oil – all kosher without certification
- Cocoa –any 100% pure no additives such as Hershey's
The Center for Kosher Culinary Arts
Blog Talk Radio & KosherEye
Our KosherEye and Twitter Friend, Esti of Prime Time Parenting invited us to co-host her Blog Talk Radio/Jewish Shmooz Network show. We had a ball! Our guest was Darren Quinlan, Sales Manager for He'Brew Beer Company. We learned all about beer, which is a great drink to serve at your Purim Feasts and all year round. Do listen for Purim ideas and product news! Mark your calendars for Monday, March 8th at 10AM. We'll be chatting about Passover!
One For The Bread and One For The Cook
Beer that is! KosherEye loves to make Beer Bread, especially for Purim. Enjoy one of our favorite easy bread recipes. We included a beer for the cook!
Purim Treats from KosherEye
We are sharing two of our favorite homemade snack mixes for Purim. Tasty Purim Party Mix and Purim Puppy Chow Mix. Both are easy to make — yummy to munch — and fun to share with family and friends. Fill homemade, decorated tins, made from recycled containers, from KosherEye Friend Creative Jewish Mom. Fun family project for Purim!