KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
NEW! ORA Paper Towels - Both Everyday and Shabbat friendly!
A --Why didn’t I think of that product discovery!
ORA is a disposable round kitchen towel stacked on a most unique, contemporary base. It does not tear, is not perforated, and offers an easy one step grab and lift. The product was designed and manufactured across the pond in Great Britain. An Ora roll has about 100 sheets, twice the number of sheets than are on a conventional kitchen roll. Ora is innovative, budget friendly, functional, compact and stylish enough to keep on the counter. They are eco-friendly, and we found the towels soft, yet very strong. Factoid: Did you know… when rectangular kitchen towels are used, the four corners are hardly ever touched?
Finally, great news…Ora is Shabbat friendl and so convenient! Since the towels are not attached to each other, and just lift right off the roll, We find it perfect for use after hand-washing towel, and so helpful for cleaning Shabbat spills. ORA Paper Towels are available online and at stores around the USA, including Target at approximately $2.99 per roll. or $7.99 for a triple roll. Visit the Ora website: Ora, the round paper towelAdd a comment
The Mighty Mug
Oops, spilled coffee or toppled drinks – who hasn’t had that issue? Sometimes embarrassing, sometimes harmful. Jayme Smaldone, founder of Mighty Mug, has come up with a solution. Along with his dad, he followed his dream and, after overcoming business challenges and financial hurdles, met success. News of the mug has gone viral, and it is sold online and at major retailers such as Target and Bed Bath & Beyond.
After months of tinkering and testing, the company came up with a process called Smartgrip technology, the magic behind the Mighty Mug. Here’s how it works – the weight of the mug keeps suction in place and “locks in onto a flat surface” such as a desk or table. It simply resists spills, and defies gravity. The Smartgrip process received a utility patent from the U.S. Patent office, and the company has sold over 2 million.
Does it work? A resounding yes! It certainly avoids accidental spills and is much safer to use on a desk that a traditional mug. The product is now also available in barware as a wine or highball glass.Add a comment
Everyone loves whipped and frothed beverages, both hot and cold. For easy to make whipped homemade hot chocolate, coffee drinks and mixed beverages, we like the easy to use aerolatte®.
- Hand-held, battery-operated device that is designed specifically to produce perfect frothy milk in 20 seconds or less
- Can be used to froth all types of milk, including soya, rice, almond, coconut, and more
- The spiral whisking head and shaft are made from 18/8 stainless steel, especially designed for performance and durability
- Creates professional-quality hot and cold drinks such as cappuccino, caffè latte, hot chocolate, frappè, milkshake, cocktails & more
- Battery operated including two pre-installed AA batteries that will provide approximately 150 uses
- Easy to clean and maintain - rinse under the faucet and occasionally operate in hot, soapy water;
- Two-year guarantee
Buy it here: aerolatte® steam free milk frother
See this KosherEye homemade hot chocolate recipe to learn to make a rich, delicious hot chocolate mix.Add a comment
What a difference a sharp edge and the correct size cutting implements make in kitchen efficiency. We have written about WÜSTHOF Poultry and Kitchen Shears. . . and now we are taking a SHARP turn and are on to knives. After 20 years of using mostly the same meat knives, all stored in the same knife block, we knew that it was time to upgrade. Yes, as in most kosher kitchens, we have three sets of knives. In ours we have a colorful up-to-date dairy set (How we love our Kai Komachi); odds and ends for Passover; but confession here. . . our meat knife set is antique.
If you are thinking of purchasing a whole new set of knives, we suggest the 7-piece classic WÜSTHOF knife set for consideration. So handy! A knife for every kitchen task. We like the grip, the weight and the ease. We have been testing the 7-piece classic set, and it has made quite a difference in our prep, chopping and slicing time. An amazing difference!
7 Piece Classic Knife Set
When you treat yourself to new cooking tools, it's like a personal "kitchen shower". Yes, changing all of your knives at once, is an investment, but it will save you time, and if cared for can be a money saver in the long term.
We learned that the WÜSTHOF classic knife set has specially formulated high-carbon stain-free steel blades that hold a sharp edge. And the triple-riveted polyoxymethylene handles ensure a comfortable and steady grip. Each knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon stain-free steel that resists stains and corrosion. Classic WÜSTHOF is formulated to last for years! And, by the way kitchen shears are included in this set, as is a sharpening, honing steel. We like that!
• WÜSTHOF 's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention..
• Full tangs are triple riveted to the handles for exceptional durability and control.
• Durable polymer handles are contoured for a comfortable grip.
• High-carbon stain-free steel blades
• Hardwood block safely stores 13 items and is gentle on knives' edges.
• Includes: 3 1/2" paring knife, 6" utility knife, 8" chef's knife, 8" bread knife, 9" honing steel, Stainless-steel pull-apart shears, 13-slot hardwood storage block
Single Classic 8" Cook's Knife from WÜSTHOF - Awarded to Honorees at KosherFEAST16
This 8" knife was selected as the honoree gift at KosherFEAST16, the annual kosher media dinner. If you want to treat yourself (or a lucky cooking pal) to an exceptional cutting tool, we suggest this CLASSIC 8" knife, a chef's kitchen favorite for generations. The CLASSIC 8" cook’s knife is an all purpose kitchen knife, a workhorse to be used for chopping, mincing, slicing and dicing. Due to the weight and balance of the knife, it is also perfect for heavy duty cutting of thicker vegetables and meats. A must have!
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- Comfortable and highly-durable polyoxymethylene (POM) handle with a traditional look and feel, stickered with our red Trident logo
- Full bolster and finger guard
All WÜSTHOF knives are crafted in Solingen, Germany and are fully guaranteed against defects in craftsmanship. They are sold in specialty and department stores in 90 countries around the world. The U.S. subsidiary, WÜSTHOF-TRIDENT OF AMERICA, INC. is located in Norwalk, Connecticut.
5 Rules for Knife Safety:
1 – Full Attention to the Blade! When working with a knife, give the job and knife 100% of your attention. Don't allow distractions! Eyes on the knife and the food!
2 – Sharp Knives are Safe Knives Always keep your knives sharp — dull knives require more force to cut and are more likely to slip. (OUCH!)
3 – Anatomy Off Limits! Don't check the sharpness of a knife with any of your body parts.
4 – Cut Away, Never Toward Always cut away from yourself whether using, sharpening or cleaning your knives.
5- ABSOLUTELY No, No, No multi-tasking when using a knife
Buy the WÜSTHOF Knives including the 7 Piece Classic Knife set, or the Wusthof 8" Classic Cook's knife #4582/20cm,
and other Wusthof knives here: Wusthof knives.
Add a comment
We love tools that make prep and cooking more efficient. This one is a must have. The JOIE citrus juicer/reamer and measuring tool performs a dual job in the kitchen. We tested it on lemons, limes and small oranges. The clear, strained juice flows right into the measuring base.
- Perfect size for juicing lemons, limes and small citrus
- Allows you to squeeze and strain, and measure amounts of juice
- Clear juice reservoir with incremental measurements listed on the side measures from 1 tsp-6 tsp
- Dishwasher safe
Click here for more information on the Joie Citrus tool
Buy the Joie Citrus Reamer and Measure here:Joie Citrus ReamerAdd a comment