KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
Grated cheese is the finishing touch or the prime ingredient in many of our dairy dishes. Think Italian pastas, salads, pizza, soups and more. Of course, we can shake, shake, shake the cheese from the jar, or we can grind our own from a fresh block of Parmesan, Romano or any hard cheese we choose.
The Microplane Rotary cheese grater has become a must have in our home. Not only does it provide effortless fresh grated cheese at the turn of a handle, (chocolate and nuts too!), but ounce for ounce it is budget friendly, a money saver. It features a made in the USA razor sharp blade that effortlessly transforms hard cheeses like Parmesan, Asiago, Romano and many more into prepped grated ingredients and fine garnishes.
This tool is a perfect table topper and helper for the professional chef or at home cook.
- Available in creamy white
- Tool Dimensions: 3.5" x 3.5" x 8.38"
- USA made blades made of surgical grade stainless steel
- Unique funnel shape with expanded opening so that grated ingredients dispense quickly and efficiently.
- Dishwasher safe
Watch the Rotary Grater in action:
To purchase the Grater, click here:Microplane Rotary Cheese Grater
About Microplane: Based in Russellville, Arkansas, the 22 year old company has grown into a premier global kitchen products brand, renowned for engineering exceptionally sharp and effective culinary tools. First created in 1990 as a new form of woodworking tool, the original Microplane(R) did not find its way into the kitchen until 1994. Since that time, Microplane(R) graters have found enthusiastic support from professional chefs and domestic cooks around the world. For more information: microplane.com
Make this KosherEye Signature Recipe - Fettucine Alfredo - with cheese grated by the Microplane Rotary Grater.Add a comment
The Vacu Vin 2.5 quart Instant Marinater is a unique tool that
marinates and tenderizes meat, fish, chicken, tofu and fresh vegetables.
It works in minutes by creating a vacuum which opens up the
pores and fibers of the foood allowing for a deep, quick flavoring. This process actually can also tenderize meat, so less costly cuts of meat can be used. Easy to use: Place the items you want to marinate into the bowl with your choice of marinade. Put the lid on and suction out the air with the pump, creating a vacuum inside the bowl to drive the marinade into the food.
We particularly liked the Vacu Vin Marinater when we made London broil, brisket and steaks.
- Made of durable polycarbonate
- Top-rack dishwasher safe
- 2 1/2 quart container - use to marinate and for storage
- Marinates and tenderizes in minutes
- Easy to use, saves time
- For meat, fish, poultry and vegetables
For more information watch the video below, and visit vacuvin.com.
To purchase this marinator, visit here: Vacu Vin Instant Marinating Container with Vacuum Pump - Large, 2.50 Liter, BlackAdd a comment
This little gadget surprised us. We thought that it would be fun to use, but never did we imagine that we would find it an indispensible new kitchen helper. We enjoy popcorn and buy bags and bags of the pre-popped flavored varieties - including the yummy sweet and salty mix. Now we can make our own popcorn in about 3 minutes, with no additives and adjust the taste to our taste. By the way, popcorn has been called “the sensible snack”, and is often recommended in weigjht loss programs. No, butter not included.
All about Popcorn
- Air-popped popcorn has only 31 calories per cup; oil-popped popcorn has only 55 calories per cup.
- When lightly buttered, popcorn contains about 133 calories per cup.
- It is a whole grain, making it a good-for-you food.
- Popcorn provides energy-producing complex carbohydrates
- Popcorn contains fiber, providing roughage the body needs in the daily diet.
- It is naturally low in fat and calories.
- Popcorn has no artificial additives or preservatives, and is sugar-free.
- It is ideal for between meal snacking since it satisfies and doesn't spoil appetite.
- 3 cups of popcorn equal one serving from the grain group.
The Lékué Microwave Popper
- Easy to use: Add the corn kernels, heat in the microwave and enjoy!
- Pops: Over 90% of the corn kernels
- Healthy: Natural popcorn with no saturated fats.
- Collapsible: t does not use much space in your kitchen cabinet or drawer.
- Innovative design: Designed after conducting scientific research on the best way to cook popcorn in collaboration with the Alícia Foundation.
- Microwave and dishwasher safe: Made of 100% platinum silicone.
- 10 cup capacity
If you are searching for a holiday gift, the Lékué popcorn maker works for just about everyone. It comes with a recipe booklet, for ingredient add-in instructions. Caramel, peanut, chocolate yumm!
Click here to buy this fabulous: Lekue Popcorn Popper, Red
Add a comment
The Ultimate Grind
Since we spend so much time in the kitchen, for us it’s all about convenience and efficiency when cooking. Who would have ever thought that an electronic peppermill would become a beloved tool. Certainly, not us. However, after working with this mill for the past 3 months, we are hooked. it is easy and efficient to operate. We just add whole peppercorns, press a button and the pepper flows in a fine to coarse grind, depending on the setting we choose. The Cole & Mason’s sleek design makes it a lovely addition to the table as well.
Cole & Mason was founded in England in 1919. Because of continued innovation in design and performance was awarded CoolBrands status for 2015, an annual initiative to pay tribute to the UK’s coolest brands, an honor voted for by the public.
KosherEye has tested the Hampstead Electronic pepper mill. It has an integrated LED light, but the feature of quick one-handed operation at a touch of a button is what makes this mill so useful for us. The mill features a hardened carbon steel mechanism for pepper, and comes with a lifetime guarantee. The mechanism does not just crush peppercorns but strips them to release the maximum amount of flavor with each turn.
• Integrated LED light for precise seasoning
• Spring loaded mechanism; adjustable grind fine to coarse at base
• Precision grind mechanism; lifetime guarantee
• Easy one touch use button
• Each mill requires 6x AAA batteries (not included)
• Comes unfilled
To purchase or for more information visit Cole & Mason: coleandmasonusa.com or buy here: Cole & Mason Hampstead Precision Electric Pepper Grinder, Stainless Steel
Watch the Cole & Mason Peppermill in action:Add a comment
For Kitchen Cut Protection
Just like professional chefs, home cooks carry our own very special badges of kitchen honor – burns, cuts, niches and scars, which prove our love of cooking! Yes, the kitchen can be a dangerous place.
For the burns, we recommend a live aloe plant, at the ready, at all times, and placed near a kitchen window. An aloe plant is easy to grow, needs little water, and is very soothing when the inevitable burn occurs.
But, for cuts, we try to prevent them with – the amazing Microplane protective, cut resistant kitchen glove. Just put this lightweight, machine washable glove on the hand holding the vegetable or fruit, and cut or slice away. The glove will protect you from niches and scrapes. Now, we didn’t say it is foolproof, but with the standard kitchen sous chef jobs this glove adds an extra layer of safety. It is cut resistant, NOT cut proof. And, yes there’s more! It is made by the same company that sells those excellent and sharp Microplane graters!
⦿ Helps to stay safe and protected while using zesters, graters, and peelers
⦿ Comfortable to use, comes in one size, and fits right or left hands
⦿ Safe to wash in the home washing machine; air or drip dry only
⦿ A must have for home or professional cooks of all ages