KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
60 years of quality, dependability, lifetime value – “Likely the last mixer you will ever have to buy.” At this pre–Passover time of year, we look at our appliances, and often replace, update, or add to them. We had heard about the Bosch Universal Mixer from avid challah, bread and cake bakers, and became more familiar with it at AmericasMart Gift and Home show. It is an amazing mixer, and KosherEye has decided to feature it in depth in mid-April, following Passover.
For now though, we present it as our kitchen tool of the week – and suggest that if you are planning to replace your mixer, this is a perfect one to consider – at a convenient time to help with Passover food preparations… especially when making big batches of cakes, such as sponge and nut cakes, cookies, meringues, matzo balls..and more.
- Powerful motor, 800 Watts, 4 speed settings
- Cord storage, 4 suction cup feet keep machine securely in place
- Wide range of optional accessories
- Most popular mixer for bread making.
- 6½-quart bowl –mixes up to 6 lbs. of dough
- Ergonomic and easy handling with rim at top of bowl
- Dough hook is designed to replicate hand kneading
- 3 year motor/transmission warranty; 1 year warranty on attachments
- Bowls and accessories are dishwasher safe
For product information or to purchase, click here.
No Need to Peel Those Veggies! Fabrikators Skrub'a Gloves are a line of practical, multi–purpose scrubbing gloves for removing dirt and loose skin from fresh potatoes, carrots, and other vegetables. Leading nutritionists say that 50% of vitamins in vegetables are located in the peel, and this is lost if you use a peeler. Skrub'a cleans without removing all of the healthy vitamins. The gloves are hygienic, practical, and fun to use for both kids and adults! Gloves come in pairs. Our conclusion – any one pair can do all jobs. But we like the idea of the glove’s various colors and words, which help in a kosher kitchen. The three designs remove dirt and loose skin from assorted vegetables including beets, radishes, corn, potatoes, carrots, turnips and more. We especially like this item for use on organic produce.
• Flexible fabric, one size fits most
• Available in children’s and adult sizes
• Made with durable nylon, machine–washable and dishwashe–safe
• FDA approved, Internationally patented Danish design
This recipe for Moroccan Carrot Salad is easy when using the Skrub'a glovers to clean the carrots.
Price: about $11
To order Fabrikators Skrub'a Gloves, click here.
Do you have problems rolling pie or pastry dough? Especially dough that is very buttery and contains cream cheese as one of the ingredients – like rugelach dough? Well, put the wax paper away because now there is no need to roll your dough between two sheets of it. The Stay Cool Rolling Pin by Cuisipro is an innovative rolling pin that maintains a cool surface and keeps the dough cool, thus making it easier to roll and prevents sticking. Just fill the stainless steel body with cold tap water and see the results.
- Cold tap water reduces the surface temperature by 20°F/11°C.
- Surface stays cool for several hours without condensation.
- Added weight from water means less effort and smooth rolling.
- Cool surface of smooth stainless steel pin prevents sticking.
- Extra-large diameter covers a greater surface area and offers more hand clearance.
- Plastic handles are ergonomically shaped so they are easy to hold.
- Use pin without water for more delicate dough.
- Hand wash and air-dry.
To purchase the Cuisipro Stay Cool Rolling Pin,click here.
At first glance, the Tovolo Better Batter Whisk looks like an electric mixer blade in a vibrant array of colors. This hand held kitchen tool is a combination beater, spoon, and scraper − all combined into one great kitchen gadget! It was designed specifically for mixing batter to light and fluffy perfection. The design helps to eliminate over–beating and the tapered silicone fin scrapes the sides of the bowl, making it easy to incorporate all the ingredients into the batter. A double duty kitchen tool – this versatile whisk is also great for mixing gravy, icing and sauces. A great addition to your kitchen tool stash and a great gift for the lucky recipient.
- Silicone and stainless steel
- Silicone working head is resistant to 600-Degree F
- Dishwasher safe
- Available in four colors: green, pink, purple, and turquoise
- Blades are designed to scrap the sides of the bowl or pan clean
Tovolo Better Batter Whisk is available at Sur La Table.
What fun to present a Bundt cake baked in this original 1950 swirl shape. Created by Nordic Ware, known for excellence in bakeware, this Platinum Series Heritage Pan design is based on an old German stoneware mold for baking a ring-shaped kugelhopf, similar to American coffee cake. The durable construction, cast-aluminum, ensures sharp detail and uniform baking. This unique Bundt cake pan design will surly become a baking favorite.
- Durable cast-aluminum pan re-creates the original 1950 Bundt design.
- Center tube conducts extra heat to the middle of the cake for even baking.
- Nonstick interior ensures effortless release and cleanup.
- Made in the USA by Nordic Ware, a family-owned company famous for its fine bakeware since 1946
- 10" diam., 3 1/2" high.
- Made in USA.
- Hand-wash. Dry thoroughly.
Available at Williams-Sonoma – online only.
This pan is a favorite of Anne Byrn, The Cake Mix Doctor - Enjoy her recipe for Anne’s Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake, baked in the fabulous Nordic Ware Heritage Bundt Pan.Add a comment