KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
Perfect for Passover Cooking and Better for the Environment
It’s Passover and we tend to use many disposable items – plates, pans wrap. Now we can be a bit greener for Passover and every day with new Eco-Foil® – the first aluminum baking pans & trays made from 100% recycled aluminum materials. The pans are from Handi-Foil®, and made 100% in the USA. They can be found at major grocery chains and mass-market retailers nationwide where Handi-Foil is sold.
- Pans and trays are made from 100% recycled aluminum
- Lids are made from 100% recycled plastic
- 100% American made
- 100% recyclable after use
- 100% trusted quality and strength
Did You Know? … Fun Facts About Recycling
- 37% of American households recycle … regularly
- Aluminum is one of the easiest and fastest materials to recycle.
- Aluminum is the only material that is endlessly recyclable – without ever breaking down or compromising the quality of the metal.
- Aluminum begins to melt at a phenomenally high 1220 degrees Fahrenheit — purifying the metal of any impurities.
- Recycling not only transforms waste into valuable resources, but also benefits the environment by helping our air, water, and land stay cleaner.
- Every minute of everyday, an average of 105,800 aluminum cans are recycled.
- America recycled enough aluminum cans last year to stretch to the moon and back 8 times.
- Americans use 85,000,000 tons of paper a year: about 680 pounds per person.
FusionBrands™ Silicone FoodPod
Cooking Basket and Strainer
Harold Import Company
This kitchen tool is designed specifically as a simple and convenient way to keep foods together for quick and easy removal from cooking liquids such as soups.
Made from flexible, food-safe silicone, the FoodPod™ is immersed into the liquid and has a built-in grip that allows easy removal from the pot. There are three easy steps for using: fill the pod with food items, immerse into the cooking liquid and, when done, lift out of the pot. The water drains back into the pot and eliminates the use of a strainer. Now how easy it that!
It can be used to nest a dozen eggs for boiling, blanch veggies or, our favorite use, to hold the ingredients for making soup, specifically chicken soup. We fill the food pod with carrots, onion, celery, parsley, parsnip and leeks. No more "fishing" in our chicken soup pot to remove these veggies when the soup is finished. We just lift, drain and, "voilà" it is out!
• Foods can be immersed and removed at the same time to ensure even cooking and safe removal
• Acts as a strainer and drains water back into the pot
• Top clips to pot to allow easy removal from water
• Flexible, and can compress to fit in just about any size pot for cooking and storing
• Made from food-safe silicone and BPA-free nylon; Heat resistant to 675 degrees
• The FoodPod fully contains small pastas, potatoes, eggs, chicken, herbs, veggies and more
• Top rack dishwasher safe
To view or purchase, click here: Fusionbrands Silicone Food Pod Cooking Basket and Strainer
Watch the video demonstration:
Add a comment
The Kitchen Wizard. We think that the new third generation Ipad is amazing for just about any area of life. In fact, any of the 3 iPads are indispensible for us, especially in our busy kitchens. It is a brilliant resource to find recipes, look up ingredient substitutions, compare recipes, view measurement amounts, learn food history, discover new foods, download an app, read cookbooks, virtually travel the food world… and on and on.
If you are on a tight budget, (who isn’t!) consider ordering one of the earlier iPads from Gazelle.com. And don’t forget to protect your Ipad with Chefsleeve.com.
To compare the iPads visit: http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/
Price: $500 and upAdd a comment
60 years of quality, dependability, lifetime value – “Likely the last mixer you will ever have to buy.” At this pre–Passover time of year, we look at our appliances, and often replace, update, or add to them. We had heard about the Bosch Universal Mixer from avid challah, bread and cake bakers, and became more familiar with it at AmericasMart Gift and Home show. It is an amazing mixer, and KosherEye has decided to feature it in depth in mid-April, following Passover.
For now though, we present it as our kitchen tool of the week – and suggest that if you are planning to replace your mixer, this is a perfect one to consider – at a convenient time to help with Passover food preparations… especially when making big batches of cakes, such as sponge and nut cakes, cookies, meringues, matzo balls..and more.
- Powerful motor, 800 Watts, 4 speed settings
- Cord storage, 4 suction cup feet keep machine securely in place
- Wide range of optional accessories
- Most popular mixer for bread making.
- 6½-quart bowl –mixes up to 6 lbs. of dough
- Ergonomic and easy handling with rim at top of bowl
- Dough hook is designed to replicate hand kneading
- 3 year motor/transmission warranty; 1 year warranty on attachments
- Bowls and accessories are dishwasher safe
For product information or to purchase, click here.
No Need to Peel Those Veggies! Fabrikators Skrub'a Gloves are a line of practical, multi–purpose scrubbing gloves for removing dirt and loose skin from fresh potatoes, carrots, and other vegetables. Leading nutritionists say that 50% of vitamins in vegetables are located in the peel, and this is lost if you use a peeler. Skrub'a cleans without removing all of the healthy vitamins. The gloves are hygienic, practical, and fun to use for both kids and adults! Gloves come in pairs. Our conclusion – any one pair can do all jobs. But we like the idea of the glove’s various colors and words, which help in a kosher kitchen. The three designs remove dirt and loose skin from assorted vegetables including beets, radishes, corn, potatoes, carrots, turnips and more. We especially like this item for use on organic produce.
• Flexible fabric, one size fits most
• Available in children’s and adult sizes
• Made with durable nylon, machine–washable and dishwashe–safe
• FDA approved, Internationally patented Danish design
This recipe for Moroccan Carrot Salad is easy when using the Skrub'a glovers to clean the carrots.
Price: about $11
To order Fabrikators Skrub'a Gloves, click here.