KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
At this time of year, apples (and honey) are in the forefront. And for us apple pie season never ends. So, we have been coring apples for many of our holiday recipes. The fruit corer we love is by Rösle. It is easy to hold, easy to use, and can core an apple or pear with one twist. It is basically a long, sharp 18/10 stainless steel cylinder with a sharp serrated front ring. This narrow tool easily cores fruit and because of its shape, is easily stored.
- Extra-sharp serrated teeth pierce the skin of apples, pears, soft fruits and vegetables
- Open-design cylindrical shaft to lift out the core
- Rustproof 18/10 stainless-steel
- Heavyweight handle is permanently bonded to the cylindrical shaft
- End loop for hanging
- Dishwasher Safe
- Lifetime Manufacturer’s Warranty
To order the Rösle Apple/Fruit Corer, click Rosle Fruit Corer.
Make dishwashing almost delightful We use our gorgeous, glam Gloveables Cleaning Gloves to wash the dishes – one pair for dairy, one for meat. Ruffled and bowed cuffs, and fun patterns and colors make these 13–inch gloves an irresistible way to protect hands and forearms. They are also ideal for house cleaning and gardening.
- Flock lined to prevent irritation and sweating.
- One size fits most, Two-piece set
- Protects hands from hot water, chemicals, dirt
To purchase the qorgeous Gloveables Cleaning Gloves, click here.
Cleans silver and other fine metals. We discovered this amazing kitchen helper last year while browsing an AmericasMart Gift show and have been using it ever since. Cape Cod Metal Polishing Cloths are soft, reusable cotton cloths containing just the right amount of metal polish to simply wipe away tarnish. No need for separate silver polish, brass polish, copper polish, etc. and Cape Cod Polishing Cloths work on all fine metals.
Economy Size Tin of Cape Cod Metal Polishing Cloths includes:
- Twelve 4" X 6" Cape Cod® Metal Polishing Cloths: moist polishing cloths that clean, polish, and protect any type of metal
- One dusting & buffing cloth
- One pair of reusable gloves to keep hands clean
Price: from $13.99 per tin (Other packaging sizes available)
To order the economy size tin of Cape Cod Metal Polishing Cloths, click here.
This company works with Cape Abilities, a service organization which helps individuals with disabilities on Cape Cod. Employees from Cape Abilities have become an integral part of the packaging process at Cape Cod Polish
Fall is apple season and this gadget makes peeling, coring and slicing a bushel full of apples easy as pie. Made of enameled cast aluminum, it is easy to assemble and use. The hand-crank mechanism is adjustable. Based on a vintage design.
- Peels, cores and slices apples, pears and potatoes
- Adjustable for size of apple
- Suction base
- Sturdy enameled cast steel with a stainless-steel shaft and prong
To order the Adjustable Apple Peeler, click here.
Teaching knife skills early to be safer in the kitchen.
My First Knife is designed to help older children and young teens learn proper knife skills. It is a tool not a toy, and usage must be supervised. The knife is packaged with an instructional booklet featuring diagrams, illustrations, and “how to” steps and tips on how to teach children basic knife skills and safe use. It also includes instructions on organizing and preparing the cutting surface and how to grip a knife using the specially designed “claw” grip.
- Designed for ages 9 and up; for use with adult supervision.
- High–carbon stainless–steel blade with serrated edge (safer than a straight edge).
- Rounded blade tip and heel for safety, textured polypropylene
- Handle appropriate for right or left handed people
Available at Williams Sonoma; to order click here.