KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
Totally Bamboo Tree of Life - Cutting & Serving Board
What a beautiful gift for yourself or others! Each of these unique boards is a one-of –a kind crafted kitchen accessory. It is laser etched on one side for elegant serving, and smooth on the opposite side for cutting. It offers function, versatility and design – and goes from kitchen to table. If you look closely at this solid bamboo board, you can actually see over 800 laser-etched images of exotic and endangered animals.
The Tree of Life board is a product of Totally Bamboo. A percentage of each sale is donated to the National Forest Foundation; a U.S. based non-profit organization that has planted 4 million trees since its inception in 2008. For each dollar donated one tree is planted!
The commitment from Totally Bamboo is focused on reducing widespread practice of clear-cutting precious hardwood forests by giving consumers a sustainable alternative choice.
Bamboo is the alternative for all things wood. It is one of the world’s fastest growing plants. It is actually a species of grass that can produce more oxygen than hardwood forests of comparable size, and helps prevent soil erosion. It is growing in popularity due to its sustainable, renewable nature and beauty, and has become a cost effective and ecologically responsible choice for use in kitchen accessories, furniture and flooring.
The Unique Tree of Life Board:
- It functions as a cutting and serving board with beautiful and permanent laser-etched art. It features over 800 images of exotic and endangered animals which make up the tree ring design
- Easy on knife blades, bamboo is a natural alternative to wood, it is substantially stronger than hard woods and easier on the environment;
- It is 15 1/2" diameter by 1 1/2" thick and created from Moso, a type of bamboo known for its strength, density and high quality
- Easy to maintain; hand wash with warm water and occasionally use Totally Bamboo's Revitalizing Oil or a similar oil to extend life and beauty
More about Bamboo
Bamboo is actually a grass that grows to a harvestable height between 3 - 5 years. Some species grow up to 2 feet per day. After harvesting, bamboo does not require replanting, it has an extensive root system that continually sends up new shoots, naturally replenishing itself, making it one of the most renewable resources known. Bamboo is 16% harder than maple wood, 1/3 lighter in weight than oak, yet in some instances as strong as steel.
For more information or to purchase, click Totallybamboo.com or this board:
Cucina Pro Electric Griddle and Crepe Maker
Whether they’re called crepes, blini, pancakes or blintzes they are an international favorite. Blintzes and crepes are close cousins - until it comes to the country of origin the fillings, the toppings and how they are folded..They can be filled, topped, made sweet or savory - and are perfect for an entrée or dessert. When we make crepes, we usually top them with a lovely liqueur infused strawberry or orange preserve sauce and a generous sprinkle of powdered sugar. And then, there are the times we make blintzes – using our beloved heirloom recipes. We fill them with farmer’s cheese or cream cheese and top with a dollop of sour cream.
We love our crepe pan, but have just discovered and tested the electric Cucina Crepe Maker, model 1448. When we are in Israel, we are enamored with the professional electric crepe making machines we see, and now we have our own. What fun! So easy to use too!
Since Passover is approaching, we have chosen to keep our new crepe maker parve and Passover friendly, and are delighted with the results. We have prepared blintzes filled with mashed potatoes, our heirloom recipe for Passover noodles, and some extra crepes which we have frozen, likely to be topped with fruits, nuts sugar and whipped cream. (Recipes below)
Features of the CucinaPro Electric Griddle and Crepe Maker:
- 12" nonstick Electric Griddle and Crepe Maker
- Five different temperature settingsWe also plan to pop some Passover pancakes on it and try it as a griddle.
- Makes pancakes, crepes, blintzes and more
- Includes spreader and recipe guide
- On/off ready light lets you know when the plate is hot enough
- Rubber feet for extra stability
- Two prong polarized plug; Measures 14" L x 15.8" W x 4.2" H
- Wipe clean
- 1-year manufacturer's warranty
Cucina Pro is available at retailers such as Bed, Bath and Beyond, or Buy it here: Crepe Maker and Non-Stick 12" Griddle by CucinaPro (1448) - Includes Spreader and Recipe Guide
Add a comment
The Amazing New HotMat
The Compact, Foldable Warming Tray
Meet the HotMat…a practical and innovative food warming tray, which was born in Israel and internationally patented. It is ideal for daily use and practical for traveling... Unlike standard metal warming trays, which are heavy and bulky, the HotMat is lightweight and user friendly. The HotMat was invented and designed by Jerusalem born and bred Rafi Gabbay, a graduate of the Bezalel Academy's Master in Design program. When Rafi, was still a student at Hadassah College Design School, he sketched some ideas for his final project. The concept of a foldable warming tray emerged, with emphasis on performance, advanced technology and safety. HotMat uses mica-heating elements to ensure evenly distributed and energy-efficient warmth. It is divided into two “warm” hobs and two “hot” hobs. It accommodates up to 4 pots and pans… It can be folded for efficient storage, and uses less storage space than standard warming trays, fitting into most kitchen drawers when folded. This was created as a Shabbos friendly heating solution, but do check with YOUR Rabbi.
Add a comment
Why are we on this subject – because it’s time to clean! We’re all thinking Spring cleaning and Passover cleaning -- not glamorous, but necessary.
Of course and as usual, we are on a quest for the best cleaning supplies…and are currently focused on sponges. We have two suggestions:
Our friend Lynne recommended this to us, and then we saw it featured on Shark Tank when Lori Greiner invested thousands, So who could resist? Our investment was less than $5, Obviously, the country caught on too as the products have expanded to to a whole family of sponges and scrubbers. The original Scrub Daddy’s patented cut out smiley face design is made unique by its exclusive scratch-free FlexTexture™ material. His one-of-a-kind pores adjust with water temperature to change his scrubbing texture. In warm water, he becomes soft and compressible; in cold water he becomes firm for extra scrubbing power on dishes, cookware, appliances and more! Scrub Daddy is safe to use on wood, plastic, copper, cast iron, fiberglass, stainless steel, non-stick coatings and glass
Scrub Daddy – The Adorable Original
An amazingly versatile cleaning tool for the kitchen and beyond!
- His eyes accommodate two fingers to eliminate slippage while in use.
- His mouth is designed to cl
- Easy grip, dishwasher safe and washing machine safe
- CLEan both sides of forks, spoons, knives and other utensils at once.
- Soft in Warm Water and Firm in Cool Water
- Independently lab tested to rinse clean of debris and resist odors for up to two months.
Visit the Scrub Daddy website: scrubdaddy.com
I Can’t Believe It’s A Sponge
We like this sponge because it is kitchen friendly for the kosher kitchen - Each sample sponge we received is labeled parve, dairy or meat on the scrubber side. The sponges are also available with artwork or flower designs and more.
- Inviso-shield™ technology provides a barrier that keeps particles, grease and grime from entering making it cleaner and healthier
- The scrubber side has been independently lab tested and will not scratch glass, stainless, non stick surfaces, granite, porcelain, ceramics or porcelain.
- Absorption: The double foam cell construction holds similar amount of water as most sponges.
- Durability: Double cell foam polymer construction adds to lastability
- Dishwasher Safe: top rack, Made in the USA
Learn more about these sponges and where to buy by visiting their website Icantbelieveitsasponge.com
Grated cheese is the finishing touch or the prime ingredient in many of our dairy dishes. Think Italian pastas, salads, pizza, soups and more. Of course, we can shake, shake, shake the cheese from the jar, or we can grind our own from a fresh block of Parmesan, Romano or any hard cheese we choose.
The Microplane Rotary cheese grater has become a must have in our home. Not only does it provide effortless fresh grated cheese at the turn of a handle, (chocolate and nuts too!), but ounce for ounce it is budget friendly, a money saver. It features a made in the USA razor sharp blade that effortlessly transforms hard cheeses like Parmesan, Asiago, Romano and many more into prepped grated ingredients and fine garnishes.
This tool is a perfect table topper and helper for the professional chef or at home cook.
- Available in creamy white
- Tool Dimensions: 3.5" x 3.5" x 8.38"
- USA made blades made of surgical grade stainless steel
- Unique funnel shape with expanded opening so that grated ingredients dispense quickly and efficiently.
- Dishwasher safe
Watch the Rotary Grater in action:
To purchase the Grater, click here:Microplane Rotary Cheese Grater
About Microplane: Based in Russellville, Arkansas, the 22 year old company has grown into a premier global kitchen products brand, renowned for engineering exceptionally sharp and effective culinary tools. First created in 1990 as a new form of woodworking tool, the original Microplane(R) did not find its way into the kitchen until 1994. Since that time, Microplane(R) graters have found enthusiastic support from professional chefs and domestic cooks around the world. For more information: microplane.com
Make this KosherEye Signature Recipe - Fettucine Alfredo - with cheese grated by the Microplane Rotary Grater.Add a comment