KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
KosherEye Featured Kitchen Tool
Sometimes a culinary tool just doesn’t live up to the claims made about it. We’ve all watched those “as seen on TV” ads, and some of us have even succumbed and purchased the item. So when we tried the ChopStir, made by D&A Bryan, we did so with some trepidation. Its claim: The Only Kitchen Tool That Chops Ground Meat In a Fraction of the Time! Guess what dear readers, we don’t know if it is the ONLY tool of its kind, but it absolutely does what it says.
The ChopStir is a handheld, innovative cooking tool that substantially decreases the cooking time of separating and chopping up ground meats. It also pulverizes fruit; we tried it on both berries and bananas. Ingredients of all kinds are chopped and stirred instantly and easily. This tool truly stirs us to recommend it highly!
- Can be used with non-stick cookware
- Easy to clean, Dishwasher safe
- Available in white or black
- Made of heat resistant nylon, BPA free
- Made in the USA
The Clean BBQ Disposable Aluminum Grill Liners makes grilling so easy, and much less messy! These grills liners are made of disposable aluminum foil that fits snuggly over most grill grates. The liners are sturdy, so they do not tear when placing them on a grill, or when adding food. The design of the liners allows for the flame to sear through the cooked food, still giving that authentic grilled flavor, minus black residue. The smoky, BBQ taste of the grilled food still comes through. These liners are easy to use, and clean-up is a snap! When cooled, just roll up the used liner and dispose of it.
- 12 disposable grill sheets per pack, each measuring 12 x 20 inches
- Tear resistant – made of heavy duty aluminum - 3 mils thick, 100% recyclable
- Patented and manufactured in the USA
- For very large grills, more than one piece may be used. Or, liner may be cut for smaller grilling areas
- Snug fit keeps permanent grill grate clean
- Clean up is easy! Just roll up and throw used liner in trash
Price: $12.99 available at most Home Depot stores and other retailersAdd a comment
One-Step Slicing. Summer is here and it is peach season. Perhaps it is because we are from Georgia, and we love our peaches – but now that we have discovered this gadget, from Amco Houseworks, we simply love it. In seconds, we can easily slice our peaches. By the way, the peach pitter/slicer also slices nectarines.
With one easy motion, this tool turns whole peaches (and nectarines) into 12 uniform slices, perfect for fruit salads, fruit tarts, pies, crisps and snacks – a safe and simple alternative to using a paring knife. We think that this gadget is peachy!
- Cores and slices peaches in one easy motion
- Makes 12 perfectly shaped slices
- Stainless steel blades
- Top rack dishwasher safe, but hand washing recommended
Price: Approximately $10
To view or purchase, click here.
Try our Perfect Peach Cobbler recipe.Add a comment
Reynolds has recently introduced a new pan lining paper – with one side foil/one side parchment. Although no definitive scientific evidence is available, some people avoid cooking food directly on aluminum foil wrap or in aluminum pans. Reynolds has addressed this concern with an innovative new product. Its new non–stick lining paper features a foil side, which helps the wrap easily mold to the pan, and a parchment side which comes in contact with food.
- 30 square feet
- Tear resistant
- Forms to pan to avoid clean-up
- OU kosher certified
Try this easy and delicious recipe for Salmon en Papillote.
Use this $1.00 of coupon to try it
Available in most grocery stores
Now you can have that perfectly peeled, cored and sliced pineapple – just like those you see at the grocery store. Just trim off the top of the pineapple, insert the shaft of the Pineapple Easy Slicer into the top of it, apply some light pressure and twist the handle. A stack of juicy pineapple rings in no time – how easy is that!
- Cores and rings a whole pineapple with a simple twisting motion
- Maximizes the amount of usable fruit
- Rings come out with no eyes or bits of peel attached
- Leaves the core and empty shell behind
- Heavy−duty stainless−steel cutting shaft
- Dishwasher safe
Available at Williams-Sonoma – internet only