This dome shaped clay baker, from Römertopf, is glazed on the inside and is the perfect tool for baking or roasting garlic. Simply soak the entire baker (top and bottom) in water for 10 minutes. Then slice the top off the head of garlic, exposing the cloves, brush with olive oil, and place in the clay baker – 45 minutes later it is finished. Cooking with clay is an all–natural, healthy way to cook. So easy to use; start it in a cold oven, set the required cooking temperature, and let the oven heat up gradually. These clay pots are also great for microwave use, complete instructions included. No lead, cadmium or other harmful substances are in the clay mixture, so complete safety is ensured.
- Romertopf Clay Bakers prepare quick, high-quality and healthy dishes
- Cooking in porous clay will increase flavor, tenderness and enable food to retain its natural nutrients and vitamins
- For the serious chef, or the everyday cook
- Ideal for vegetarians and the diet conscious
- Ideal for oven or microwave
- Cleans easily
Use the Römertopf to make garlic flavored olive oil for challah dipping. So delicious – simply roast, mash garlic, add to olive oil and serve with challah. Additional flavors to add to oil are fresh rosemary and basil.
To view or purchase,click here.