WÜSTHOF- A Cut Above
Treat yourself to these cutting edge culinary investments. We have recently been on a journey to upgrade some of our cutting implements. Blunt knives and old, no longer sharp--kitchen cutting implements are actually dangerous, and unfortunately we have come to this conclusion using many a Band-Aid. So, we are in the process of knife testing, perfect for this "cooking intensive" time of year. We know that the kosher home requires 3 of everything, which is often a costly proposition. We begin with shears, and present two we recommend:
WÜSTHOF Kitchen Shears
No kitchen, including ours, is complete without a pair of all-purpose shears. In fact, after using these WÜSTHOF tools, we recommend that if you don't yet have shears as part of your culinary cutting "wardrobe", do consider them. They will become essential in your kitchen. Shears are ideal for a multitude of tasks – from snipping twine, fresh herbs and flowers to slicing dried fruit, shaping parchment, cutting up salads, herbs, vegetables and fruits. We have used them to cut parchment for baking, for trimming pastry and to open soft plastic containers.
• Durable stainless-steel shears
• Slip-resistant polypropylene handles allow for a steady grip
• Steel-tooth insets in handle has a built-in bottle opener to twist open bottle and jar caps
• Blades come a part for easy cleaning
• Can be held with either right or left hand
WÜSTHOF 10"Poultry Shears
These WÜSTHOF poultry shears are a cutting dream. They allow us to easily make our own cut up chicken, and are quite helpful when cutting a turkey or even trimming fat from meats. We can buy a whole chuck roast and easily chunk it ourselves for cholent or stew. These 10" shears cut right through poultry ribs, bone and gristle. Equipped with stainless-steel serrated blades, their sharp edge cut easily through meat, cartilage and bones without tearing the meat itself. The notched edge blade can even be used for cutting through and cracking bones while leaving the meat intact.
• Durable textured stainless-steel handles provide a steady grip Stainless steel serrated blades
• Saves time and energy with efficient cuts
• Ambidextrous design - suitable for left- or right-handed users
• Lock closed for safe, compact storage.