KosherEye Featured Product
KosherEye Featured Product
Kayco is the new kosher brand which resulted from the merger of Kedem Foods, Kenover Marketing and B&W Foods. The new combined brand has created new and additional products assortment for it's customers. The Kayco company portfolio has too many products to list here, but we can just about guarantee that almost every Jewish home in America and likely around the world will have some Kayco products in their Passover pantry!
We are sharing some of our favorites (yes we’ve already tried some of these) along with some Passover recipes:
- Alprose Chocolates
- Dorot frozen seasoning cubes
- Gefen wide noodles
- Gefen cake and frosting mixes
- Gefen canned mango slices, cranberry sauce, mandarin oranges, pineapple
- Gefen cashew butter
- Gefen chocolate bark
- Gefen frozen sauteed onions
- Gefen Instant potato flakes
- Gefen chocolates
- Gluten free crackers and matzos
- Haddar Premium Dutch Cocoa Powder
- Haddar sweet potato chips
- Jane’s Krazy Mixed up seasoning
- Jeff Nathan Gluten Free Panko Crumbs
- Roasted peeled chestnuts
- The Chosen Bean gourmet coffee
- Vacuum packed organic beets
Reames homestyle frozen egg noodles taste homemade—“made with rich durum flour for a hearty, delicious taste,with the freshness of homemade egg noodles without all the work”. Simply cook them in broth or water until “al dente” and then add them to soups and stews. We love them -- especially in our chicken soup.. Try them in soups, casseroles, entrees and side dishes.
- Free of Saturated and Trans fats
- 12 ounce package (freezer section)
- OU kosher parve
Price: Approximately $2.49
Available at WalMart, Publix and many supermarkets
As we toast the arrival of 2016, a taste of caviar seems appropriate. It is both festive and special! Romanoff Caviar is a popular brand found in many supermarkets. The kosher varieties include a red or black whitefish caviar and a salmon caviar. We have enjoyed these as a latke topping, a lovely garnish to “dress” sour cream or crème fraiche, and on a cracker as a finish to a finely chopped egg salad. Yes, it is perfect with a glass of white wine or champagne.
- No added color
- OU Kosher, Gluten Free
- Serve chilled
From How2Heroes.com, a video and recipe for Caviar Cake. A tasty and easy dairy appetizer that will impress your guests. For the caviar topping, use one of Romanoff kosher caviars. Enjoy!Add a comment
Healthy Eating with Whey Isolate Protein
Our first question is why whey?
The answer: Why not? It is a delicious and easy way to add protein to meals. We discovered Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein last summer and have been shaking it up, mixing it in and sprinkling it on ever since. The product is kosher certified OU-D, and is available in several flavors – strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, and the newest flavor...chocolate mint.
Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein powder is free of artificial additives and preservatives, and is recommended for the entire family, from toddler to senior. The product has been awarded the distinction of “highest quality protein supplement” through Labdoor, the prestigious San Francisco based company. This recognition is considered the “Academy Award” of the supplement world. Wow! The products can be purchased at Target stores across the U.S.
So, what exactly is whey? It is the watery part of milk separated from curds during the making of cheese. Whey was originally thought of as a waste product; in fact it was sold as inexpensive animal feed. Researchers eventually found that the protein portion of whey had remarkable health benefits for humans. And now, there is the convenient and flavorful whey powder.
We do try to eat well, but in our family of foodies, eating healthy has to include deliciousness. That’s what we feel makes Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein so unique and special. Adding it to recipes enhances the taste and adds another layer of flavor.
Ways with whey
Some (like my daughter) enjoy protein shakes. She has one every day for breakfast; her favorite is chocolate. Some parents add whey to their children’s milk or hot chocolate, or they mix up a strawberry milkshake with fresh berries and strawberry whey. As for KosherEye, we like to mix it in as an easy flavorful, healthful addition to recipes. In some cases, it is our culinary secret, a hidden addition.
- Oatmeal: 1 scoop vanilla or strawberry whey into oatmeal before cooking
- Mashed potatoes: Use vanilla whey and add a spoonful of sour cream and a Tablespoon of melted butter. Whip or mash
- Soup: See a favorite recipe below for Creamy Vanilla Corn Soup
- Granola – Sprinkle whey over granola and use it to top yogurt
- French toast – Add a scoop or two to French toast batter.
- Chocolate pudding – Add Whey to Instant pudding – perfect for pie fillings too.
- Yogurt – Make a yogurt, whey, fruit parfait. Yumm!
- Muffins – Add to batter
- Fruit – Top with coconut and granola mixed with a scoop of whey
- Ice Cream – We mix some whey into the syrup.
- Cheese Quiche –Mix a scoop or two into the egg and milk batter
We have added 2 scoops of whey to dry cake mix batter. Whey protein powder mixes easily into batters. In addition to being healthful, it deepens the flavor. We add the vanilla whey to yellow cake mixes and the chocolate whey to chocolate cake mixes – and yes, chocolate or chocolate mint whey add a layer of flavor to brownies.
Pancakes or waffle mixes
Add just a scoop or two to boost the protein content; mix the whey into the batter and then place in an oiled fry pan or griddle, or add to heated wafflemaker. Check out our recipe.
Try these delicious recipes:
Breakfast Banana Bread
Pancakes with Integrated Supplements Whey Isolate Protein
Made from Yukon Gold potatoes, these frozen Hashed Browns from Alexia Products taste like you "made them yourself." Hashed Browns are a true comfort food – fried crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside – who can resist them? We certainly can't and put them to the test. We used this delicious blend of seasoned, all natural, shredded potatoes, added a few extra ingredients and made yummy potato lakes.
- Made from Yukon Gold potatoes
- USDA organic, All Natural
- Kosher certified Circle K parve
- In the freezer section
- Package size - 16-ounces