KosherEye Featured Product
KosherEye Featured Product
Amoretti Premium Pomegranate
Blended with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Infused with the Natural Flavor & Aroma of Kalamata Olives
Founded in 1989 by CEO Jack Barsoumian, Amoretti® is based in Oxnard, California (USA). A family business of Armenian heritage, its marketing president is Jack's wife Maral, and its manufacturing president is his brother Ara. Amoretti® is constantly expanding, and now offers nearly 2,000 pastry, savory, and beverage Ingredients .
Amoretti premium pomegranate balsamic vinaigrette is a rich and aged vinaigrette, made with premium organic extra virgin olive oil, and infused with the flavor and aroma of kalamata olives, then balanced with aged pomegranate. The taste is sweet and tangy. It is lovely for drizzling, dipping, or finishing a favorite dish. Use it to dress vegetables and salads, or to marinate meats, poultry or fish (we like it on salmon). By the way, this balsamic vinaigrette is one of the few kosher balsamic vinaigrettes on the market. http://www.amoretti.com
• Kosher, Natural, Gluten Free, Vegan
• Preservative and GMO free, Sodium Free
• 500 ml Bottle
• Ingredients: Organic Tunisian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Pomegranate Juice Concentrate, Organic Vinegar, Natural Flavor
• Kashrut: Kehilla Kosher
To purchase, click here: Amoretti Premium Pomegranate Balsamic VinaigretteAdd a comment
Here's the Rub:
Char Crust® Dry-Rub Seasonings
In 1957 Nathan Silver began experimenting with dry-rub seasonings and crusting techniques at his legendary Chicago restaurant, Al Farber's. Now almost 57 years later, his family's seasonings known as Char Crust® are famous for their signature rub Char Crust® . The rubs are popular in both restaurant and home kitchens throughout the USA and Canada.
All 10 Char Crust® flavors are certified kosher by the CRC, and are used to enhance dishes such as beef, poultry, fish and more. They are easy to use-- Simply dredge and rub the blends onto the surface of uncooked meat or fish, then broil, bake, grill, pan-sear, or roast.
• Original Hickory Grilled is the original restaurant secret from Al Farber's in Chicago. It is a blend of 14 herbs, spices and other natural ingredients that create a delicious charred crust, especially on steaks and meaty fish such as tuna and salmon.
• Roasted Garlic Peppercorn features the robust flavor of roasted garlic and onions with the zing of peppercorns and a hint of Worcestershire and lavender. Very versatile.
• Ginger Teriyaki is a balance of sweet teriyaki, fragrant ginger, plus a tingly touch of wasabi that lends a new dimension and creates a modern teriyaki interpretation. It complements chicken, fish, and steak.
• Hickory & Molasses creates a crust with a hint of dark, earthy molasses. It received recognition as one of the "Top-Ten Dry Rubs & Seasonings" from the National Barbecue Association.
• Smoky Spicy Southwest is a zesty blend of smoky ancho and chipotle chili peppers, mixed with cilantro and other southwest spices. This rub placed third among 200 entries in the National Barbecue Association contest.
• Amazin' Cajun is a spicy-sweet blend of cayenne pepper, onion, garlic, oregano and other "Mardi Gras" flavors.
• All American Barbecue takes the best flavors of American barbecue and blends them into a tangy-sweet, slightly spicy rub.
• Sun-Dried Tomato & Garlic is a mix of sun-dried tomatoes, roasted garlic, rosemary, and just a hint of lemon, which complement Italian dishes, particularly veal and mild fish.
• Roto Roast creates a golden brown, seasoned crust on roasts and rotisserie-cooked items, such as prime rib and poultry.
• Java Buzz™ blends the traditional flavors of Mexican molé, accented with premium roast coffee. Livens up the rich flavors of lamb and beef
For more about Char Crust® Visit CharCrust.com.
Try this recipe using for Rubbed Chuck Roast.Add a comment
Pasta Chips are made with semolina flour and Italian herbs. The chips are inspired by Tuscan flavors and seasonings based on regional Italian favorites. Jerry Bello, the company founder is passionate about sharing classic Italian flavors and culture through his pasta chips. We like these chips as a base for an Italian quiche – such as one made with cheese and peppers. We used the garlic olive oil pasta chips to crunch atop a Caesar Salad, and tried the Mediterranean Sea salt alongside a spinach dip. We are looking forward to trying the Alfredo chips as a dipper for a kosher faux crab dip.
5 flavors: Alfredo, Marinara, Garlic Olive Oil, Mediterranean Sea Salt, and
Spicy Tomato Herb
• All Natural
• Oven Baked
• OU-D, Kosher.
• 60% less fat than a regular potato chip
Locally Grown Kosher Certified Lettuce
Washing and checking lettuce-FEH! It is a necessary, but time consuming and sometimes less than pleasant.
Therefore... our delight when we discovered PodPonics. What a convenience for the kosher shopper and, for that matter, for anyone who wants clean, locally grown, ready to eat lettuce.
PodPonics utilizes a proprietary system that integrates advanced hydroponics, proprietary lighting, irrigation and nutrient technology with process control. Their growing system eliminates pesticides, reduces cost, and improves product quality. The benefits of the approach include providing a healthy, natural product grown in a controlled environment at or near the point of consumption.
The line is packaged in a 5-ounce clamshell container, and currently available in two mix varieties: Green Mix with green romaine and green lollo, and Encore Mix with green romaine, green lollo and red lollo. 10-ounce packages of each variety are also available. Consumers can expect to see additional Lettuce Buy Local mixes debut throughout 2014.
• Georgia Grown,
• Pesticide free,
• Washed, ready to eat, OU kosher certified
• Package in clamshell, found in produce department
For more information, or to inquire when this lettuce will be available in your area, visit PodPonics.com by clicking the PodPonics logo:
Podponic lettuce is is currently available at stores including select Whole Foods, Fresh Market and Kroger
"You scream, I scream, we all want an egg cream"
Those who grew up in NYC have egg cream memories. The Egg Cream is a nostalgic symbol from days gone by, and Jeff's Sodas is hoping to make the egg cream a part of future memories.
Despite its name, the egg cream contains neither eggs nor cream. In the beginning, it was a soda produced almost exclusively in New York, specifically Brooklyn.
As Jeff's Sodas explains "Legend has it that the first product that could be described as an egg cream was developed during the early 1890's by Louis Auster, a Jewish immigrant who owned a candy store in Brooklyn. Later, around 1920, Moisha Zambrowsky, owner of Moisha's Luncheonette on the Lower East Side of Manhattan dispensed the product from his fountain." Over the next few decades, especially in the NY area, soda fountains were popularized in luncheonettes and candy stores, and one of their premiere products was the popular egg cream. However, traditional fountain service began to disappear in the 1970s and 80s, and with that trend the ubiquitous egg cream waned. But, Egg Cream America, Inc. - manufacturer of Jeff's Sodas, has now reinvented the egg cream tradition. It is a bottled, dairy based carbonated beverage, Kosher Certified OU-D.
We got creamed by Jeff's! So convenient, ready to drink, just chill and serve.
Orange Dream: This one tastes like the Good Humor Creamsicle ice cream bar of our memory, sweet, tart, rich, creamy.
Vanilla Soda: We enjoyed the rich, deep vanilla flavor
Chocolate Soda: The one that tastes the most like the egg creams of our beloved Bronx, when we visited the corner luncheonette.
A diet version of the chocolate flavored soda is also available.
For more information or to order visit: Getcreamed.com
Want to make your own egg cream? Here's the recipe:
The Original Brooklyn Chocolate Egg Cream from Fox's U-Bet