KosherEye Featured Product
KosherEye Featured Product
Well known throughout Europe, Emmi Roth is a Swiss dairy products company famous for Swiss style yogurts, artisan cheeses and fondues. The company headquarters is nestled between the Alps in the heart of Switzerland. Emmi now has a kosher presence in the U.S., recently introducing its Swiss Yogurt to U.S. yogurt fans. Although formulated according to the Swiss recipe, the U.S. yogurts are manufactured in Monroe, Wisconsin.
KosherEye enjoyed tasting two flavors, Green Apple and Strawberry. Both are made from pureed fresh fruit with a yogurt base. We liked the yogurt’s silky texture, and the slightly sweet, but subtle fruit flavor. Emmi’s yogurt is a healthful, delicious product, well worth a try!
- Pectin and gelatin free
- Light, smooth texture, pourable over fruit, granola or cake
- Fruit flavorings are subtle, and the yogurt texture is creamy
- Low in sugar, low in fat and gluten–free
- Ingredients include live and active bacteria cultures
- Made from BST–free milk
- 6 ounce containers
- All U.S. flavors are certified OU-D (Do check the label)
Emmi yogurt flavors include: Apricot, Raspberry, Blueberry, Black Cherry, Pink Grapefruit, Vanilla Bean, Plain Coffee, Berry pomegranate, and Plain.
Approximate cost $1.90Add a comment
We discovered this elegant cookie at the Summer Fancy Food Show. Walkers Duchy Originals is a recent addition to the Walkers family of shortbread and biscuits. The Duchy Originals brand was founded in the UK in 1992 by HRH Prince Charles The Prince of Wales.
The Prince set out to create a brand of the highest quality, using the best natural ingredients, produced sustainably and in harmony with the environment, while supporting worthwhile worldwide causes through The Prince of Wales’s Charitable Foundation. Duchy Originals is produced in partnership with Waitrose, UK grocery chain.
Every product follows the Duchy Originals from Waitrose Good Food Charter: “Is Good”, ”Does Good” and ”Tastes Good“ Each product is produced using sustainable farming methods, supports charitable causes and uses the fines, quality ingredients.
Walkers is truly Scottish baking royalty, and has been baking shortbread in the Scottish Highlands since 1898. They still use only the finest pure ingredients with no artificial colors, flavorings or preservatives. The products are certified Kosher OU-D.
In our opinion, there is simply no better accompaniment to a cup of coffee or a hot cup of tea than a cookie from the Walkers family.
From Duchy Originals, we sampled:
Highland all Butter Shortbread: Delicate, thin, rich and buttery. A delightful addition to morning coffee, or as our friends “across the pond” enjoy this as an accompaniment with afternoon tea, and strawberries and cream.
Lemon All Butter Shortbread: Aromatic Sicilian lemons give a slight tart, zesty, refreshing taste, which complements the buttery, crunchy texture.
Stem Ginger Shortbread: A buttery cookie, with a lovely, background hint of ginger.
Original Oaten Biscuits: This biscuit is very different. The taste is balanced for both sweet and savory foods; complements cheese such as cheddar, Brie or blue cheese and delicious with a topping of honey or preserves.
Price: Approximately $5.99 for 5.3-ounce bag
Duchy Originals will be available at supermarkets and food stores across the U.S.or can be ordered online at walkersus.com.
Welcome to The Republic of Tea, founded the 16th day of March, Nineteen-hundred and ninety-four − whose Charter declares its "purpose is to enrich people’s lives through the experience of fine tea and the Sip by Sip rather than Gulp by Gulp lifestyle – a life of health, balance and well-being." And whose Minister of Tea declares "At The Republic of Tea, you’ll find many ways to get to know tea anew, through a selection that will educate, inspire and communicate the quality, benefits, and lifestyle that is The Republic of Tea."
The Republic of Tea has a line of premium quality tea, with choices that are bound to suite everyone's tastes: Black, Oolong, Green, White, Herbal, Rooibos, Hibiscus, Decaf and Organic. We sampled several of the teas and they were wonderful: Almond Coconut Macaroon Tea (bags), Darjeeling (bags), Natural Hibiscus (loose tea), and British Breakfast (loose tea). Once you taste these teas, and you will taste the difference, you will be hooked. Calling all tea lovers – relax, sit back,sip, and become a "Citizen" (customer) of The Republic of Tea – it is a treat. Not all of the tea products are certified kosher, so look at the packaging; but there are enough choices that you will not feel deprived.
- Available in either full–leaf or in round, unbleached tea bags
- Full brewing instructions on each container
- Most of the teas are Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO)
- 91 of the tea products are OU certified kosher
- A socially and environmentally responsible company – supports worthy organizations, including Susan G. Komen for the Cure, the Prostate Cancer Foundation, Sunny Hills Services and Room to Read.
Some tea descriptions:
- Almond Coconut Macaroon Tea: A Tea for Macaroon Lovers. The alluring aroma of lightly toasted almonds greets the fortunate sipper. Healthy rooibos provides a smooth, caffeine-free base while coconut adds a touch of sweetness. Make every day a cause for celebration with this calorie–free tea.
- Republic Darjeeling: The Champagne of Teas – This Darjeeling tea blend has the smooth character of second flush leaves with the deep qualities of third flush leaves, resulting in a full, round cup.
- Natural Hibiscus: Flower of Life Herb Tea Ruby red Nigerian hibiscus blossoms shine in this juicy herbal blend. Hibiscus delivers hints of berry and bright citrus flavors. This bold, tropical infusion is pure refreshment either served hot or over ice.
- British Breakfast: The Perfect Cuppa - A robust blend of quality black leaves, hearty enough to make any Brit smile. A savory mixture of India, Ceylon and Kenya leaves is great with a splash of milk
We encourage you to visit this unique website and read more About this company, including How to Brew Tea, The Health Benefits of Tea, and The Citizen's Tea Library. This is a definite Gift Yourself, Gift Others selection.
Please Note: According to most rabbinical sources, plain, unflavored tea is considered inherently kosher, but flavored tea requires certification. For details, read this article by Rabbi Boruch Beyer of the Star-K.
Prices vary according to the tea.
Available at gourmet retailers throughout the U.S. and online at TeaRepublic.com.
Watch this video on British Black Tea – the perfect cuppa!
Add a comment
Chips and pretzels, lemonade, vanilla milkshakes, s'mores – names of great snack items...right? Yes, but also the inspiration for the all natural cookies created by the Sara Snacker Cookie Company. Sara Leand is the creator, owner and CEO of the company. A born baker, while in college Sara created the Sara Snacker brand; she baked cookies in her dorm room and sold them to the students on campus and to local stores. Baking cookies (to rave reviews!) took too much time away from her studies, so the business was put on hold. Fast forward past a career as a television agent and production company owner – now as a wife and mother, she is back in the cookie business. So conjure up those memories of favorite childhood treats and enjoy these delicious cookies. Needless to say, we sampled and enjoyed all five of the available flavors and especially loved the Dark Chocolate Chipn'etzel - a buttery, chips and pretzel bits cookie that is drizzled with dark chocolate. It has a combination sweet/salty/crunchy flavor and is wonderful! For us, all of the cookies have the perfect balance – satisfying our sweet tooth but not too sweet. Perfect with a cup of coffee, tea, or a tall glass of cold milk.
- Five childhood memories flavors: Chipn'etzel Original, Chipn'etzel Dark Chocolate, Vanilla Milkshake, S'mores, and Lemonade
- All natural
- Certified kosher, Circle K-D
- A portion of the purchase proceeds donated towards the fight to cure Alzheimer's disease, www.alz.org
Brownie Taste with a Cookie Crunch. In 1992, Sheila G. Mains, better known in the food business as Sheila G, took a treasured family recipe for fudge brownies and baked her way into business. You may even have tasted one of her rich, dense squares at some of our nation’s finest restaurants and theme parks.
Like many brownie aficionados, Sheila is particularly fond of the crispy edges. In fact, she would often walk through the bakery gathering the brittle batter off the sides of the sheet pans. It had that same rich chocolate taste, but with an amazing crunch. That started her wondering: How could she create a whole pan of crunchy edges? Well, she figured it out with Sheila G’s Brownie Brittle. If you like the crispy corner pieces of brownies in the pan, you’ll love these. They are delicious as a sweet snack, or a crunchy topping over ice cream or yogurt!
- 4 ounce bags
- Toffee Crunch or Chocolate Chip
- All Natural
- OU-D kosher
Suggested Price: $9.95 for 2 bags
To purchase, click here.