KosherEye Featured Product
KosherEye Featured Product
Welcome to The Republic of Tea, founded the 16th day of March, Nineteen-hundred and ninety-four − whose Charter declares its "purpose is to enrich people’s lives through the experience of fine tea and the Sip by Sip rather than Gulp by Gulp lifestyle – a life of health, balance and well-being." And whose Minister of Tea declares "At The Republic of Tea, you’ll find many ways to get to know tea anew, through a selection that will educate, inspire and communicate the quality, benefits, and lifestyle that is The Republic of Tea."
The Republic of Tea has a line of premium quality tea, with choices that are bound to suite everyone's tastes: Black, Oolong, Green, White, Herbal, Rooibos, Hibiscus, Decaf and Organic. We sampled several of the teas and they were wonderful: Almond Coconut Macaroon Tea (bags), Darjeeling (bags), Natural Hibiscus (loose tea), and British Breakfast (loose tea). Once you taste these teas, and you will taste the difference, you will be hooked. Calling all tea lovers – relax, sit back,sip, and become a "Citizen" (customer) of The Republic of Tea – it is a treat. Not all of the tea products are certified kosher, so look at the packaging; but there are enough choices that you will not feel deprived.
- Available in either full–leaf or in round, unbleached tea bags
- Full brewing instructions on each container
- Most of the teas are Certified Gluten-Free by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO)
- 91 of the tea products are OU certified kosher
- A socially and environmentally responsible company – supports worthy organizations, including Susan G. Komen for the Cure, the Prostate Cancer Foundation, Sunny Hills Services and Room to Read.
Some tea descriptions:
- Almond Coconut Macaroon Tea: A Tea for Macaroon Lovers. The alluring aroma of lightly toasted almonds greets the fortunate sipper. Healthy rooibos provides a smooth, caffeine-free base while coconut adds a touch of sweetness. Make every day a cause for celebration with this calorie–free tea.
- Republic Darjeeling: The Champagne of Teas – This Darjeeling tea blend has the smooth character of second flush leaves with the deep qualities of third flush leaves, resulting in a full, round cup.
- Natural Hibiscus: Flower of Life Herb Tea Ruby red Nigerian hibiscus blossoms shine in this juicy herbal blend. Hibiscus delivers hints of berry and bright citrus flavors. This bold, tropical infusion is pure refreshment either served hot or over ice.
- British Breakfast: The Perfect Cuppa - A robust blend of quality black leaves, hearty enough to make any Brit smile. A savory mixture of India, Ceylon and Kenya leaves is great with a splash of milk
We encourage you to visit this unique website and read more About this company, including How to Brew Tea, The Health Benefits of Tea, and The Citizen's Tea Library. This is a definite Gift Yourself, Gift Others selection.
Please Note: According to most rabbinical sources, plain, unflavored tea is considered inherently kosher, but flavored tea requires certification. For details, read this article by Rabbi Boruch Beyer of the Star-K.
Prices vary according to the tea.
Available at gourmet retailers throughout the U.S. and online at TeaRepublic.com.
Watch this video on British Black Tea – the perfect cuppa!
Add a comment
Chips and pretzels, lemonade, vanilla milkshakes, s'mores – names of great snack items...right? Yes, but also the inspiration for the all natural cookies created by the Sara Snacker Cookie Company. Sara Leand is the creator, owner and CEO of the company. A born baker, while in college Sara created the Sara Snacker brand; she baked cookies in her dorm room and sold them to the students on campus and to local stores. Baking cookies (to rave reviews!) took too much time away from her studies, so the business was put on hold. Fast forward past a career as a television agent and production company owner – now as a wife and mother, she is back in the cookie business. So conjure up those memories of favorite childhood treats and enjoy these delicious cookies. Needless to say, we sampled and enjoyed all five of the available flavors and especially loved the Dark Chocolate Chipn'etzel - a buttery, chips and pretzel bits cookie that is drizzled with dark chocolate. It has a combination sweet/salty/crunchy flavor and is wonderful! For us, all of the cookies have the perfect balance – satisfying our sweet tooth but not too sweet. Perfect with a cup of coffee, tea, or a tall glass of cold milk.
- Five childhood memories flavors: Chipn'etzel Original, Chipn'etzel Dark Chocolate, Vanilla Milkshake, S'mores, and Lemonade
- All natural
- Certified kosher, Circle K-D
- A portion of the purchase proceeds donated towards the fight to cure Alzheimer's disease, www.alz.org
Brownie Taste with a Cookie Crunch. In 1992, Sheila G. Mains, better known in the food business as Sheila G, took a treasured family recipe for fudge brownies and baked her way into business. You may even have tasted one of her rich, dense squares at some of our nation’s finest restaurants and theme parks.
Like many brownie aficionados, Sheila is particularly fond of the crispy edges. In fact, she would often walk through the bakery gathering the brittle batter off the sides of the sheet pans. It had that same rich chocolate taste, but with an amazing crunch. That started her wondering: How could she create a whole pan of crunchy edges? Well, she figured it out with Sheila G’s Brownie Brittle. If you like the crispy corner pieces of brownies in the pan, you’ll love these. They are delicious as a sweet snack, or a crunchy topping over ice cream or yogurt!
- 4 ounce bags
- Toffee Crunch or Chocolate Chip
- All Natural
- OU-D kosher
Suggested Price: $9.95 for 2 bags
To purchase, click here.
As we have reported before, Almondina is a crunchy, low calorie, cholesterol free, natural, satisfying, cookie available in several flavors. (Wow, that’s a mouthful!) KosherEye deemed these little treats delicious and amazingly addictive! An Almondina biscuit is a thin, crunchy, crispy-riffic delight, packed with roasted almonds and raisins. But now, Almondina has taken this delight up a notch –introducing premium milk chocolate dipped or should we say, smothered-– Almondina. Irresistible!
- Nuts, fruits and spices
- Free of coloring and preservatives.
- Great accompaniment to coffee or tea
- All natural, no preservatives
- 139 calories per serving of 2 cookies
- Kosher Certified OU-D
Available at some Whole Foods, Trader Joe's and local grocery stores; use the Store Locator to find a store near you.
This barbecue sauce has become a grilling phenomenon. If you are grilling burgers, ribs or any cut of beef for the 4th of July, Bone Suckin' Sauce is the one to slather on! This, the original Bone Suckin’ barbecue sauce is a Western North Carolina tomato based product, sweetened with honey & molasses and spices. In fact, use it anytime you grill!
So, what do others think about Bone Suckin’ Sauce:
- #1 Sauce in America” – Newsweek Magazine
- “ A+ ” – Health Magazine
- "The Best" - Restaurant Magazine UK
- Taste Awards Winner, Fine Food Guild in the UK
- 1st Place Battle of Sauces & Best in Sales
- #1 selling Harris Teeter Specialty Sauce
- Whole Foods Best Specialty Sauce
- "Sauce of the Year" - Fresh Market
- Rated "5 out of 5" by BBQ Sauce Reviews
KosherEye agrees, need we say more? Enjoy this recipe for Bone Suckin' BBQ Chicken. Please Note: use parve margarine for basting.
- All natural, no preservatives, gluten free
- Certified OU kosher, parve
- 16-ounce jar (other sizes available)
Price: Approximately $6.50 per jar
Available at Whole Foods, Fresh Market, and specialty stores nationwide.