Recipe excerpted from Let My Children Cook! A Passover Cookbook for Kids
By Tamar Ansh, Judaica Press
"INCREDIBLE" doesn't even come close to describing this! And it freezes well, too!
Let's get to it!
4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1-cup (2 sticks) margarine or 1 cup oil
1½ cups sugar
1-cup matzah cake meal
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
2 cups mini marshmallows
1-cup walnuts, chopped
1-cup mini marshmallows
½ cup chocolate chips
½ cup walnuts, coarsely ground
And here’s how you do it!
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C). Prepare a 9x13-inch pan by lining it with parchment paper or spraying it well with cooking oil spray.
2. Melt the chopped chocolate and margarine in a double boiler and stir well. Stir in the sugar. Cool slightly.
3. Whisk in the eggs one at a time. Stir in the cake meal and salt, and remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the chocolate chips, marshmallows and walnuts.
4. Pour this batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30 minutes or until set. Remove the pan from the oven, and sprinkle the brownies with the additional cup of marshmallows.
5. Slide the tray back into the oven and bake 3–4 minutes more, until the marshmallows are puffed. Remove the pan from the oven and melt the second set of chocolate chips.
6. Drizzle the melted chips all over the brownies and then sprinkle them, while the chocolate is still wet, with the last bit of ground nuts.
Cut into squares and serve.
Recipe: Kosher, parve, passover, pesach, dessert